The Kentucky Poison Control Center is here to help with questions about your medications. If you take your medicine at the wrong time, in the wrong amount, or think you might be having a reaction to a new medication, you can call us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
If you take multiple medications, you can download a free medication tracker to help stay on top of your daily doses.
If you are taking a new medication, whether prescribed by your doctor or over-the-counter, you should know the answers to the questions listed below. If you don’t know or can’t remember, call us at (800) 222-1222.
- What is the name of my medicine?
- What is the medicine for?
- What side effects could it cause?
- How much and how often do I take this?
- What should I do if I miss a dose or double the dose?
- While taking this medicine, what should I avoid?
Keep your house poison-safe by downloading our home safety checklist and following the easy steps.
Expecting company? If children or pets will be visiting your home, be sure to look at our home safety checklists for children and pets.