You can call the Kentucky COVID-19/Coronavirus Hotline at 1-800-722-5725 with general questions. Here are some frequently asked questions:
How can I help protect myself?
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol .Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty
Should I wear a mask to protect myself?
The Centers for Disease Control does not recommend that people who are not sick wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19/Coronavirus. Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19/Coronavirus?
Current symptoms reported for patients have included respiratory illness with fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
How many people in Kentucky have COVID-19/Coronavirus?
The Kentucky Department for Public Health maintains a website with monitoring data: https://kycovid19.ky.gov/