You can call the Kentucky COVID-19/Coronavirus Hotline at 1-800-722-5725 with general questions. Here are some frequently asked questions:
How can I help protect myself?
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home as much as possible
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around those outside your household
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol .Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty
What are the symptoms of COVID-19/Coronavirus?
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness.
These symptoms may include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
How many people in Kentucky have COVID-19/Coronavirus?
The Kentucky Department for Public Health maintains a website with monitoring data: https://kycovid19.ky.gov/